Mindful Mondays Group
March 6, 2019
Mindful Mondays is a group for people who desire connecting with others for mindful practice. We meet on Mondays at 1pm at BHT, 110 Wallace Street.
What is Mindfulness?
Mindfulness means maintaining a moment-by-moment awareness of your thoughts, feelings, bodily sensations, and surrounding environment, through a gentle, compassionate nurturing filter.
When you are mindful, your thoughts tune into that which you’re sensing in the present moment rather than rehashing the past or imagining the future. Mindfulness is the basic human ability to be fully present, aware of where you are and what you’re doing, and can help to not be reactive or overwhelmed by other stimulation.
Why do mindfulness?
Science has proven, beyond any doubt, that a steady practice of mindfulness induces real beneficial changes in the brain. Studies have shown mindfulness to significantly improve a variety of conditions including anxiety, post-traumatic stress disorder, bipolar disorder and obsessive-compulsive disorder.
Mindfulness-based practices have been found to result in significant improvements in pain, well-being and ability to participate in daily activities. Furthermore, Mindfulness methods are often used with people who experience trauma, addiction, anger and behavioural issues.
Things to Know About Mindfulness:
- Mindfulness is not obscure or exotic. It’s familiar because it’s what you already do, some of the time. It takes many shapes and goes by many names. We could also call mindfulness “paying attention to the present” or “present awareness” or “meditation.”
- Mindfulness is not a special added thing to do. You already have the capacity to be present, and you do so many times each day. Mindfulness doesn’t require you to change who you are. Mindfulness recognizes and cultivates the best of who you are as a human being.
- Mindfulness has the potential to become a transformative social phenomenon. Here’s why:
- Anyone can do it. Mindfulness practice cultivates universal human qualities and does not require anyone to change their beliefs. Everyone can benefit and it’s easy to learn.
- It’s a way of living. Mindfulness is more than just a practice. It invites awareness and caring into everything you do—and it cuts down needless stress. Even a little can make your life better.
- It’s evidence-based. Both science and experience demonstrate its positive benefits for our health, happiness, work, and relationships.
If you want to know what mindfulness is, it’s best to try it for a while. Learn more about Mindfulness with this 1.5 hour presentation from world renowned Mindfulness promoter, Jon Kabat-Zinn
Do you have to be sitting still to practice Mindfulness?
No! Mindfulness is about being present with what is now. You can practice mindfulness while you’re walking, driving, and even doing the dishes. Have a look at this video from Thich Nat Han about moving mindfully as a practice.
What happens at Mindful Mondays group?
The purpose of Mindful Mondays is to provide guidance while also offering a supportive tribe to share your experience with.
Each week you are invited to try a different mindful meditative practice. Sometimes we work with movement, sometimes we sit still and other times we do active tasks that would show up in everyday life.
Join the Group
Braidwood’s Mindful Mondays Group runs every Monday at 1pm.
Cost : $15 per session or $120 for 10Pass.
BHT is a purpose-built Wellness Facility with a private room for one-on-one sessions and groups.
110 Wallace Street, Braidwood.
Book your place in the group via email or phone (02) 4243 8032.
Hollie also facilitates meditative retreats. See what’s on offer at wisegatherings.com
Want more helpful info? 6 Ways to Wellness is a free course delivered direct to your inbox.
The article Mindful Mondays Group was published by Hollie, for Braidwood Holistic Therapies.
Feel free to share this article with your friends, by using the url : https://braidwoodholistic.com.au/mindfulness/.
Where to next?