Counselling is a professional service that supports people to develop better understanding of themselves and others, address life difficulties and make the changes they want in their lives. How can you know if you need counselling?
If you notice any of these things, don’t wait until they grow into crisis.
Seek help sooner, rather than later as the best thing you do for yourself in 2020.
1. You consistently and constantly operate in a state of overwhelm
2. You can’t seem to make simple decisions
3. Your emotions are increasingly out of control
4. You lose your temper easily, at your children, loved ones and strangers
5. You are stuck and find yourself increasingly frustrated about it
6. You think your pain/loss is not as important as someone elses OR You think your pain/loss is more important than someone elses
7. You feel as though no one else understands
8. You simply need to be heard / feel listened to
9. Your moods go up and down
10. You find yourself more cynical than you used to be
When is the right time to seek Counselling?
Actually, there’s no exact right time or one reason to seek professional time with a Counsellor. Every person is unique and our experiences are different and our overall lifescope individual.
Emotional distress is not measured on a hierarchy of better or worse. Everyone is affected in different ways. Sad is sad, and no one’s is more or less important than another.
If you’re asking ‘do I need counselling?’, it’s probably the right time
- aren’t feeling at peace with life and the events that have been happening…
- notice yourself out of sorts, with fluctuating moods and constant tiredness…
- are finding it difficult to sleep at night, it could be the right time for you…
- have trouble making basic decisions, planning your day or getting off Facebook…
… it could be the right time for you.
Counselling Services are Confidential and Professional
She has over ten years experience offering psychotherapeutic services both individually and in groups. Hollie has a Graduate Diploma in Counselling, and is a professional member of PACFA (Psychotherapy and Counselling Federation of Australia).
Try Counselling at Braidwood Holistic Therapies
Want more helpful info? 6 Ways to Wellness is a free course delivered direct to your inbox.
The article How to know if you need Counselling… was published by Hollie, for Braidwood Holistic Therapies.
Feel free to share this article with your friends, by using the url : https://braidwoodholistic.com.au/do-you-need-counselling/.
Where to next?