Braidwood Holistic Therapies is a Wellness Facility promoting self care-based lifestyling, facilitated through coaching, therapy, personal and community development and feminist values. In honouring life’s transitions, we support the healing process with compassionate enquiry, personal reflection and purposeful action.
AIMS of BHT
- • to foster mental, physical, emotional, environmental and spiritual health through the foundational wellness pathways of nutrition, light, flow, movement and rhythm
- • to support wellness through social connection, education, sharing stories, and sacred practice
- • to empower members of the community to be free to live well, unrestrained by gender, age or socio-economic bias
- • to challenge cultural stereotypes that contribute to inequality and restriction, particularly in relation to health and wellness
- • to educate the community on topics attaining to wellness, resilience, longevity and social connection
- • to promote lifestyle practices most likely to contribute to long and joyful living
Working with the Whole Person
Wellness is aimed at maintaining health over the long term; for improvement of the life of the person, not to cure any condition or disease.
Working holistically means BHT does not “treat” any diagnosed or named disease. Hollie uses Self Crafted Wellness protocols to work with the whole person (including the mind, physical body, the emotions and individual habits).
In a society with an already overburdened medical system, BHT works with the whole person, not merely the symptoms to maintain health rather than just treat diseases.
What sort of issues will BHT work with?
You may have noticed there is no list of particular conditions or symptoms for treatment at BHT. While it certainly sounds good to help people with a given diagnosed condition or named disease, and ‘find the cure’, this does not suit the practice of a holistically based protocol.
Holistic Treatment rather than focusing on symptoms
Complaint and disease-centered medicine has value, and the research does lead to benefit for people who have developed serious illness, but the focus on disease can distract from the whole person / whole health and wellness enhancement approach.
“Health is not merely a passive state of freedom from disease, but an active condition of being, of growth, of development, of evolution.” ~ John Thie
What does working with BHT look like?
To help clients understand what an holistic framework might look like, we’ve put together some Case Studies based on real life client sessions with Hollie.
All names and identifying information have been removed to protect clients.
To book your own session with Hollie send an email or phone (02) 4243 8032.
Want more helpful info? 6 Ways to Wellness is a free course delivered direct to your inbox.
The article About was published by Hollie, for Braidwood Holistic Therapies.
Feel free to share this article with your friends, by using the url : https://braidwoodholistic.com.au/about/.
Where to next?